Kenya: The Classic Safari 2019
August 3-13, 2019
Guided by: Dr. Ryan & Liza Snider
US$ 4,990 per person sharing (international airfare not included)
From the snows of Mount Kenya, to the lakes of the Great Rift Valley, to the open savannahs of the Maasai Mara – this is Kenya, the wildlife capital of the world! Known as one of the premier places on earth to photograph wildlife, this classic safari explores the highlights of this incredible country during the world famous wildebeest migration!
August 3,4: Flight to Nairobi, Kenya
Your international flight takes you to Nairobi, Kenya (arriving Aug. 4th). Upon arrival, Ryan and Liza will welcome you with champagne and cold face towels, before driving you to the nearby Eka Hotel.
August 5,6: Ol Pejeta and Mount Kenya
After breakfast by the pool, embark on a dramatic drive through coffee and pineapple plantations to Ol Pejeta Conservancy, located on the foothills of beautiful Mount Kenya. Kenya's tallest mountain is a stunning backdrop to the elephant, giraffe, zebra, buffalo and rhinos that roam in the conservancy. After spending the day photographing the resident wildlife, return to the remarkable eco-award winning Jambo Mutara Tented Camp.
August 7,8: Lake Naivasha
Drive across the equator before descending the beautiful Great Rift Valley on your way to shimmering Lake Naivasha for lunch, and the next two nights at the eco-award winning Chui Lodge. Enjoy a boat cruise amongst the hippos, photograph the African Fish Eagle, take a walking safari in search of giraffe, followed by a night game drive in search of those elusive leopards! Spend some time with the children of the Strong Tower Orphanage, distributing much-needed school supplies, planting tree seedlings to off-set your carbon footprint, and helping the children practice their English.
August 9,10,11: Maasai Mara National Reserve
Drive through the Great Rift Valley to the world famous Maasai Mara National Reserve where you will enjoy exciting game drives providing you with the chance to photograph the full range of African wildlife (eg. lions, leopards, elephant, cheetah, giraffe, buffalo, hippos, etc). Spend three nights at the beautifully appointed Kichwa Tembo Tented Camp in superior tents with en-suite bathrooms, hot showers, and locally-grown organic food. This is an ideal location to witness the wildebeest masses as they migrate to the various river crossing points.
August 12,13: Nairobi Departure Flight
After one last wildlife drive, board your charter flight (included) back to your Nairobi day room at the Eka Hotel near the international airport for a chance to swim, shower, and share a final dinner together. Transfer to the airport for your flight home (arriving on August 13th), with memories of a unique adventure that will last a lifetime!
Included for this safari:
- All en-suite accommodations (based on double occupancy) and all meals as per the itinerary.
- Exclusive transport in 4x4 Landcruisers with 'pop-up' roof and guaranteed window seat.
- Services of exceptional English-speaking guides, knowledgeable of the local region and culture.
- Long-range radio communication (and access to mobile phone) for the duration of the trip.
- Complimentary bottled drinking water.
- Daily safari briefings.
- All park entry fees, conservation fees, entrance fees, airport transfers, and departure taxes.
- Guided safari walks, school/orphanage visits, and cultural excursions as per the itinerary.
- All gratuities for porters, waiters, and room stewards.
- Leadership in ethical, socially responsible practices.
- A domestic chartered flight (Aug. 12th) as mentioned in the itinerary.
- A day room on August 12.
- Complete pre-departure information including packing lists, trip itinerary, and flight details.
- International airfare.
- Travel/medical/cancellation/interruption insurance.
- Single Supplement (if you would like your own room).
- Passport fees, inoculations, and Tourist Entry Visa.
- Gratuities for drivers and any optional excursions.
- Souvenirs, soft drinks, bar beverages, laundry, email, phone, and items of a personal nature.