Kenya: The Classic Safari
August 11-21, 2018
Guided by: Dr. Ryan & Liza Snider
US$ 4,990 per person sharing (international airfare not included)
From the snows of Mount Kilimanjaro, to the lakes of the Great Rift Valley, to the open savannahs of the Maasai Mara – this is Kenya, the wildlife capital of the world! Known as one of the premier places on earth to photograph wildlife, this classic safari explores the highlights of this incredible country during the world famous wildebeest migration!
August 11, 12: Flight to Nairobi, Kenya
A comfortable international flight takes you to Nairobi, Kenya (arriving August 12). Upon arrival, Ryan and Liza will welcome you with champagne and cold face towels, before driving you to the nearby Eka Hotel.
August 13, 14: Amboseli and Mount Kilimanjaro
After breakfast by the pool, embark on a dramatic drive to Amboseli National Park, located in the shadows of majestic Mount Kilimanjaro. Africa’s tallest mountain is a stunning backdrop to the unusually large herds of elephant that roam freely on it's foothills. After spending the day photographing the resident wildlife, return to the remarkable eco-award winning Ol Tukai Safari Lodge.
August 15, 16: Lake Naivasha
Drive back to Nairobi for an outdoor lunch in a beuatiful garden, before ascending the beautiful Great Rift Valley escarpment on your way to Lake Naivasha. Stop at the Strong Tower Orphanage to distribute much-needed school supplies, plant tree seedlings to off-set your carbon footprint, and help the children practice their English. Spend the next two nights at the award-winning Naivasha Kiboko Tented Camp, and watch hippos graze from your verandah! Enjoy a boat cruise amongst the hippos, followed by a walking safari on the island where much of ‘Out of Africa’ was filmed, followed by a memorable visit to Joy Adamson’s historic house.
August 17, 18, 19: Maasai Mara National Reserve
Drive through the Great Rift Valley to the world famous Maasai Mara National Reserve where you will enjoy exciting game drives providing you with the chance to photograph the full range of African wildlife (eg. lions, leopards, elephant, cheetah, giraffe, buffalo, hippos, etc). Spend three nights at the beautifully appointed Kichwa Tembo Tented Camp in superior tents with en-suite bathrooms and hot showers. This is an ideal location to witness the wildebeest masses as they migrate to the various river crossing points.
August 20, 21: Nairobi Departure Flight
After one last wildlife drive, board your charter flight (included) back to your Nairobi day room near the international airport for a chance to swim, shower, and share a final dinner together. Transfer to the airport for your flight home (arriving on August 21), with memories of a unique adventure that will last a lifetime!
Included for this safari:
- All en-suite accommodations (based on double occupancy) and all meals as per the itinerary.
- Exclusive transport in 4x4 Landcruisers with 'pop-up' roof and guaranteed window seat.
- Services of exceptional English-speaking guides, knowledgeable of the local region and culture.
- Long-range radio communication (and access to mobile phone) for the duration of the trip.
- Complimentary bottled drinking water.
- Daily safari briefings.
- All park entry fees, conservation fees, entrance fees, airport transfers, and departure taxes.
- Guided safari walks, school/orphanage visits, and cultural excursions as per the itinerary.
- All gratuities for porters, waiters, and room stewards.
- Leadership in ethical, socially responsible practices.
- A domestic chartered flight (August 20th) as mentioned in the itinerary.
- A day room on August 20.
- Complete pre-departure information including packing lists, trip itinerary, and flight details.
- International airfare.
- Travel/medical/cancellation/interruption insurance.
- Single Supplement (if you would like your own room).
- Passport fees, inoculations, and Tourist Entry Visa.
- Gratuities for drivers and any optional excursions.
- Souvenirs, soft drinks, bar beverages, laundry, email, phone, and items of a personal nature.
Back to Listings