South Africa, Botswana & Vic Falls
The Highlights of South Africa, Botswana, and Victoria Falls
July 20-30, 2020
US$ 4,990 per person sharing (international flights not included)
Guided by Dr. Ryan & Liza Snider, this 11-day socially responsible safari follows the footsteps of the famous explorer, David Livingstone, by combining an eco-award winning safari lodge in South Africa, with some boat safaris on the Chobe River, followed by a relaxing stay within metres of the famous Victoria Falls.
July 20,21: Flight to Johannesburg, South Africa
A comfortable international flight takes you to Johannesburg, South Africa (arriving on July 21). Upon arrival, Ryan & Liza will welcome and transfer you to the nearby City Lodge Hotel for the night.
July 22, 23, 24: Madikwe Wildlife Reserve, South Africa
After a delicious breakfast, hop on your charter flight (included) over the breathtaking landscape to the (malaria free!!) Madikwe Wildlife Reserve. Here you will enjoy day and night safari drives in open-roofed vehicles providing you with the chance to photograph the full range of African wildlife. In fact, this is one of the best places in all of South Africa to see the Big 5 up close! Spend three nights at the eco-award winning Thakadu River Safari Camp featuring luxurious accommodations with en-suite bathrooms, hot showers, and solar electricity.
July 25, 26: Chobe River, Botswana
Drive across the border into Botswana, and board your airplane (not included) from Gabarone to Kasane, Botswana. Upon arrival, our drivers will collect and drive us into the Chobe National Park where we will spend the next two nights at the Chobe Game Lodge located on the banks of the beautiful Chobe River. This park is well-known for it huge herds of elephants that come down to the river each day to drink. Enjoy river-boat and land-based wildlife safaris, bird watching excursions, tiger-fishing expeditions, and the option to visit with indigenous communities along the way.
July 27, 28: Victoria Falls, Zimbabwe
After a final morning game drive, our drivers will take us across the border (1 hour drive) to Victoria Falls, Zimbabwe -- home of the magnificent Victoria Falls!! Spend the next two days relaxing at the beautiful Ilala Lodge, located only 100 metres from the top of the Falls. Set under the shade of acacia trees on the banks of the river, enjoy pristine views of the famous river and the “smoke that thunders”. Lunch is served ‘alfresco’ on the veranda overlooking the rolling lawns and the Zambezi River, while dinner is served in a fine à la carte restaurant offering a delightful mixture of modern sophistication and old-world style.
July 29, 30: Departure Flights
Spend some time souvenir shopping in town, before transferrin to the newly constructed Victoria Falls Airport for your international flight to Johannesburg (not included). Transfer through the modern airport and catch your international flight home (arriving July 30), with memories that will last a lifetime!
Included for this safari:
- All en-suite accommodations (based on double occupancy).
- Meals: South Africa (B,L,D) and Botswana (B,L,D) and Victoria Falls (B,L) as per itinerary.
- Exclusive transport in 4x4 safari vehicles with open sides for viewing wildlife.
- Services of exceptional English-speaking guides, knowledgeable of the region and culture.
- Long-range radio communication (and access to mobile phone) for the duration of the trip.
- Complimentary bottled drinking water.
- Daily safari briefings.
- All park fees, conservation fees, entrance fees, airport transfers, and departure taxes.
- Guided safari walks, school/orphanage visits, and cultural excursions as per the itinerary.
- All gratuities for porters, waiters, and room stewards.
- Leadership in ethical, socially responsible practices.
- Complete pre-departure information including packing lists, trip itinerary, and flight details.
- International airfare to South Africa.
- International airfare from Gabarone-Kasane and Victoria Falls-Johannesburg (to be ‘bundled’ with your international air ticket).
- Travel/medical/cancellation/interruption insurance.
- Dinners in Victoria Falls (pay for what your order in restaurants of your choice)
- Passport fees, inoculations, and Tourist Entry Visas.
- Gratuities for drivers and any optional excursions.
- Souvenirs, bar beverages, laundry, email, phone, and items of a personal nature.