South Africa, Vic Falls & Botswana 2018
The Highlights of South Africa, Victoria Falls & BotswanaJuly 21 - 31, 2018 US$ 4,990 per person sharing (international flights not included)
Guided by Dr. Ryan & Liza Snider, this 11-day socially responsible safari follows the footsteps of the famous explorer, David Livingstone, by combining an eco-award winning safari lodge in South Africa, with a relaxing stay on the banks of Zambia's awe-inspiring Victoria Falls, followed by a socially responsible eco lodge on the edge of Botswana's Chobe River.
July 21,22: Flight to Johannesburg, South Africa
A comfortable international flight takes you to Johannesburg, South Africa (arriving on July 22). Upon arrival, Ryan & Liza will welcome and transfer you to the nearby City Lodge Hotel for the night.
July 23, 24: Sabi Sands Wildlife Reserve, South Africa
After a delicious breakfast, drive through the breathtaking Panorama Route to the Sabi Sands Wildlife Reserve bordering Kruger National Park. Here you will enjoy day and night safari drives providing you with the chance to photograph the full range of African wildlife. Spend two nights at the eco-award winning Simbambili Lodge featuring luxurious accommodations with en-suite bathrooms, hot showers, and solar electricity.
July 25, 26: Victoria Falls, Zambia
Wake up early and drive to the nearby Kruger Airport for your international flight (not included) to Livingstone, Zambia -- home of the magnificent Victoria Falls!! Spend the next two days relaxing at the historic Avani Victoria Falls Resort only a few steps from the top of the Falls. Set under the shade of acacia trees on the banks of the river, enjoy pristine views of the famous river and the "smoke that thunders". Lunch is served ‘alfresco’ on the veranda overlooking the rolling lawns and the Zambezi River, while dinner is served in a fine à la carte restaurant offering a delightful mixture of modern sophistication and old-world style.
July 27, 28, 29: Chobe River, Botswana
Drive to Kazungula, Botswana where you will clear customs and transfer to the socially responsible Bakwena Safari Lodge. Spend the next three nights camped at the edge of the Chobe River, surrounded by some of Africa's most dense wildlife populations. Enjoy river-boat and land-based wildlife safaris, bird watching excursions, tiger-fishing expeditions, and the option to visit with indigenous communities along the way.July 30, 31: Departure Flights After one last cruise on the river, transfer back to the Kasane Airport for your international flight to Johannesburg (not included). Spend some time shopping for souvenirs before catching your flight home (arriving July 31), with memories that will last a lifetime! Included for this safari:
- All en-suite accommodations (based on double occupancy) and all meals as per the itinerary.
- Exclusive transport in 4x4 safari vehicles with open sides for viewing wildlife.
- Services of exceptional English-speaking guides, knowledgeable of the local region and culture.
- Long-range radio communication (and access to mobile phone) for the duration of the trip.
- Complimentary bottled drinking water.
- Daily safari briefings.
- All park entry fees, conservation fees, entrance fees, airport transfers, and departure taxes.
- Guided safari walks, school/orphanage visits, and cultural excursions as per the itinerary.
- All gratuities for porters, waiters, and room stewards.
- Leadership in ethical, socially responsible practices.
- Complete pre-departure information including packing lists, trip itinerary, and flight details.
- International airfare to South Africa.
- International airfare from Kruger-Livingstone and Kasane-Johannesburg.
- Travel/medical/cancellation/interruption insurance.
- Single Supplement (if you would like your own room).
- Passport fees, inoculations, and Tourist Entry Visas.
- Gratuities for drivers and any optional excursions.
- Souvenirs, bar beverages, laundry, email, phone, and items of a personal nature.