Uganda & Kenya: Heart and Soul
February 16-26, 2019
Guided by Rebecca Binnendyk
US$ 3,890 per person sharing (international airfare not included)
US$ 590 optional single room supplement (private room)
Join Rebecca as she ventures to East Africa to volunteer at the Greenhill Elementary School in Uganda, before flying to Kenya to photograph wildlife in the world famous Maasai Mara Reserve.
February 16,17: Depart from your home city (international airfare not included), and fly to Europe for your connecting flight. Transfer airplanes and fly via Nairobi to Entebbe (EBB), Uganda (arriving February 17th). Upon arrival, Rebecca will collect you and transfer to the beautiful Cassia Lodge.
February 18,19,20: Drive through beautiful Ugandan landscape to Kaliro District, with a short stop for lunch in Jinja town (the source of the Nile River) for lunch. Enjoy a local dinner buffet and stay overnight at the Kaliro Country Club Guesthouse. The next morning (19th), we’ll make our way north to Namwiwa Town to greet the children of Greenhill Public School where we’ll serve a special breakfast to all of the children. Other activities (TBA) will take place in the afternoon. Sharing and bonfire will conclude this day. The 20th we will head back to the school and continue activities from the day before. In the evening, we’ll enjoy a late dinner served at the Kaliro Country Club under the starlit sky and be entertained by local musicians.
February 21: After breakfast, drive (2 hours) from Kaliro to Jinja to board your charter flight (included) back to Entebbe. Then board your afternoon international flight (not included – will be booked together when you book your International flight) from Entebbe (EBB) to Nairobi (NBO), Kenya. Upon arrival, your safari drivers will collect you and transfer you to the nearby Eka Hotel for dinner and a relaxing night.
February 22: After breakfast by the pool, drive (2 hours) through Kenya's Great Rift Valley Escarpment to beautiful Lake Naivasha for an afternoon boat cruise among pods of hippos, follow by a guided safari walk among the herbivores on Crescent Island where much of "Out of Africa" was fimed. Return to the Lake Naivasha Country Club for dinner and the night.
February 23,24: Drive (5 hours) through the floor of the Great Rift Valley and into the wide open savannahs of the world-famous Maasai Mara National Reserve. Here you will spend your mornings and afternoons in open sided Landcruisers, photographing the incredible plethora of wildlife the region has to offer. Lions, cheetah, elephants, leopards, zebra, giraffe, buffalo, etc, etc! Enjoy picnic lunches out on the savannah, with your meals and two nights spent at the eco-award winning Kichwa Tembo Tented Camp.
February 25, 26: Following a delicious breakfast and a final morning wildlife drive, transfer to the nearby airstrip for your charter flight (included) back to Nairobi. Upon arrival, your drivers will transfer you back to the Eka Hotel for your day room (12:00-6:00pm) so you can re-pack, swim, and relax, before enjoying a 'last supper' together and making your way to the NBO airport in time for your evening international flight home (arriving home on Feb. 26) with memories and photographs of your incredible East African experience.
Included for this trip:
- Accommodations and 3 meals per day as per the itinerary
- Airport Transfers in Uganda and Kenya
- Domestic Transportation in a tour bus (Uganda) and 4x4 safari vehicles (Kenya)
- Ugandan, Kenyan and Canadian guides who are knowledgeable of the region and culture.
- Long-range radio communication (and access to mobile phone) for the duration of the trip.
- Project Funds for our community development initiatives at Greenhill School (Uganda).
- Park entry fees, entrance fees, airport transfers, and departure taxes as per the itinerary.
- Two chartered flights (Feb. 21,25)
- Pre-departure information including packing lists, customized trip itinerary, and flight details.
- All taxes
- International airfare.
- Travel/medical/cancellation/interruption insurance.
- Single Supplement (if you would like your own room).
- Passport fees, inoculations, and Uganda & Kenya Tourist Entry Visa.
- Gratuities for drivers and any optional excursions.
- Souvenirs, soft drinks, bar beverages, laundry, email, phone, and items of a personal nature.