Classic Kenya 2023
August 11-21, 2023 | US$ 5,590
US$ 5,590 per person sharing (international airfare not included)
From the the lakes of the Great Rift Valley, to the open savannah grasslands of the Maasai Mara – this is Kenya, the wildlife capital of the world! Known as one of the premier places on earth to photograph wildlife, this classic safari gets us within ‘purring distance’ of the big cats during the world famous wildebeest migration!
August 11 – 12, 2023: Flight to Nairobi, Kenya
Your international flight takes you to Nairobi, Kenya (arriving August 12). Upon arrival, Ryan and Liza will welcome you with champagne and cold face towels, before driving you to the nearby Eka Hotel.
August 13, 14: Lake Naivasha
After breakfast by the pool, drive up the escarpment of the Great Rift Valley to spend some time with the children of the Strong Tower Orphanage, providing them with much-needed school supplies, planting tree seedlings to off-set our carbon footprint, and helping the children practice their English. Descend into the Valley floor to shimmering Lake Naivasha for lunch, and the next two nights at the eco-award winning Chui Lodge. Enjoy a boat cruise among the hippos, photograph the African Fish Eagle, take a walking safari in search of giraffe, followed by a night game drive in search of those elusive leopards!
August 15, 16: Northern Maasai Mara
After breakfast, drive past Mount Longonot on the way to the dusty town of Narok, before making your way to the Northern section of the Maasai Mara and your Sentinel Tented Camp for a late lunch. Located directly on the river over-looking pods of hippos, enjoy two days of wildlife drives in open-sided Landcruisers in this region famous for large prides of lions. Meals and overnight at Sentinel Mara Tented Camp.
August 17, 18, 19: Southern Maasai Mara
Drive through the Great Rift Valley to the world famous Maasai Mara National Reserve where you will enjoy exciting game drives providing you with the chance to photograph the full range of African wildlife (eg. lions, leopards, elephant, cheetah, giraffe, buffalo, hippos, etc). Spend three nights at the beautifully appointed Kichwa Tembo Tented Camp in superior tents with en-suite bathrooms, hot showers, and locally-grown organic food. This is an ideal location to witness the wildebeest masses as they migrate to the various river crossing points.
August 20, 21: Nairobi Departure Flight
After one last wildlife drive, board your charter flight (included) back to your Nairobi day room at the Eka Hotel near the international airport for a chance to swim, shower, and share a final dinner together. Transfer to the airport for your flight home (arriving home on August 21), with memories of a unique adventure that will last a lifetime!
Included for this safari:
- En-suite accommodations (based on double occupancy) and all meals as per the itinerary.
- Soft drinks, Bottled water and Bar beverages at all 3 safari camps.
- Exclusive transport in 4×4 Landcruisers with ‘pop-up’ roof and guaranteed window seat.
- Services of exceptional English-speaking guides, knowledgeable of local region and culture.
- Long-range radio communication (and access to mobile phone) for the duration of the trip.
- Complimentary bottled drinking water.
- Daily safari briefings.
- All park entry fees, conservation fees, airport transfers, and departure taxes.
- Guided safari walks, school/orphanage visits, and cultural excursions as per the itinerary.
- Leadership in ethical, socially responsible practices.
- A domestic chartered flight (Aug. 20) as mentioned in the itinerary.
- A day room on Aug. 20.
- Complete pre-departure information including packing lists, trip itinerary, and flight details.
- International airfare.
- Travel/medical/cancellation/interruption insurance.
- Single Supplement (if you would like your own room).
- Passport fees, inoculations, PCR tests (if necessary), and Tourist Entry Visa.
- Gratuities for drivers, waiters, and room stewards.
- Any optional excursions not mentioned in the itinerary.
- Souvenirs, laundry, email, phone, and items of a personal nature.