The Rocky Mountains, Alberta: A Canadian Winter Safari
February 27 - March 6, 2022 | CAN$ 3,490 per person sharing (airfare to Calgary not included)
Explore Canada’s incredible beauty on this winter ‘safari’ to Kananaskis, Banff, Canmore, and Lake Louise. Spend time in two award-winning eco-lodges, punctuated by Canada’s grandest property – the Fairmont Banff Springs Hotel. Enjoy wildlife viewing, snowshoeing through the forest trails, ascending the mountain by gondola, hiking through Johnston Canyon, and a helicopter tour over the mountains.
February 27: Flight to Calgary, Alberta
Your flight takes you to Calgary, Alberta (arriving anytime on Feb. 27). Upon arrival, Ryan will welcome you with champagne and warm face towels, before transferring you to the Marriott Hotel for the night.
February 28, March 1: Mount Engadine Lodge, Spray Valley-Kananaskis
After breakfast and a group briefing, embark on a dramatic drive through the mountains to Kananaskis Village where we will stop for a delicious lunch (included) with a spectacular view. Continue on to the eco-award winning Mount Engadine Lodge for afternoon tea, and a chance to stretch our legs out on the trails. In Spray Valley-Kananaskis Park, you can choose between wildlife viewing, snowshoeing, hiking through the forested trails, or relaxing by the fire with a good book. Afternoon tea, dinner, breakfast and bag lunch are included at the lodge.
March 2, 3: Banff Springs Hotel
After a gourmet breakfast, drive north to Canmore where we will board a helicopter (yes, it’s included!) for a 25 minute heli-tour over the majestic mountains and a chance to see the topography from above. Continue on to the historic town of Banff where you can choose your restaurant for lunch, and spend the afternoon exploring and shopping. In the late afternoon, we will check in to Canada’s finest hotel – the Fairmont Banff Springs Hotel for the next two nights. Choose between a wildlife tour, a gondola ride up the mountain, hiking on any of the numerous trails, or photographing Lake Louise.
March 4, 5: Storm Mountain Eco-Lodge
Enjoy a short drive through the mountains from Banff to Storm Mountain Eco-lodge on the edge of the Alberta/BC border (near Lake Louise). Experience unparalleled beauty in one of the most spectacular National Parks in Canada. These private eco-cabins offer guests exceptional accommodations and cuisine amidst the majestic Canadian Rockies. Storm Mountain Lodge provides an ideal setting for our day trips to the incredible Johnston Canyon, and the Radium Hot Springs to warm up!
March 6: Return to Calgary & Departure Flight
After a gourmet breakfast at the lodge, drive 1.5 hours through the snow-capped mountains back to Calgary where you will be dropped off at your terminal 1.5 hours prior to your flight time home… and you can revel in the fact that you have memories of a unique ‘safari’ in your own country!
Included for this safari:
- En-suite accommodations (based on double occupancy) as per the itinerary.
- Meals as follows: Mount Engadine (B,L,D); Banff Springs (B); Storm Mountain (B,L)
- Exclusive transport in luxury Tour Van, with guaranteed window seat.
- Services of exceptional English-speaking guides, knowledgeable of local region and culture.
- Long-range communication (and access to mobile phone) for the duration of the trip.
- Complimentary bottled drinking water.
- Canmore Mountain Helicopter tour (25 minute flight)
- Entry to Banff Springs (wildlife or gondola) tour, Johnston Canyon hike, Radium Hot Springs
- Airport transfers to/from Calgary airport.
- Leadership in ethical, socially responsible practices.
- Complete pre-departure information including packing lists, and trip itinerary.
- Airfare to Calgary (YYC).
- Travel/cancellation/interruption insurance.
- Single Supplement (if you would like your own room).
- Any optional excursions.
- Souvenirs, laundry, email, phone, and items of a personal nature.