Highlights of South Africa, Victoria Falls & Botswana
July 10-20, 2023 | US$ 5,890
US$ 5,890 per person sharing (international flights not included)
Guided by Dr. Ryan Snider, this socially responsible safari follows the footsteps of the famous explorer, David Livingstone, with a boat safari on Botswana’s Chobe River, a relaxing stay on the banks of the Zambezi River near Zambia’s Victoria Falls, and concluding with a wildlife safari at an eco-award winning safari lodge in Sabi Sands, South Africa.
July 10, 11: Flight to Johannesburg, South Africa
A comfortable international flight takes you to Johannesburg, South Africa (arriving on July 11). Upon arrival, Ryan will welcome and transfer you to the nearby City Lodge Hotel for the night.
July 12, 13: Chobe River, Botswana
After breakfast and a briefing, re-enter the JNB airport and fly over the Kalahari Desert to Kasane, Botswana (flight not included). Upon arrival, our drivers will collect and drive us into the Chobe National Park where we will spend the next two nights at the Bakwena Eco Lodge located on the banks of the beautiful Chobe River. This park is well-known for it huge herds of elephants that come down to the river each day to drink. Enjoy river-boat and land-based wildlife safaris, bird watching excursions, tiger-fishing expeditions, and the option to visit with indigenous communities along the way.
July 14, 15: Livingstone, Zambia (Victoria Falls)
After a final morning game drive, our drivers will take us across the border (1.5 hour drive) to Livingstone, Zambia — home of the magnificent Victoria Falls!! Spend the next two days relaxing at the beautiful Avani Falls Hotel, located within a short walk from the Zambian side of the Falls. Set on the banks of the river, enjoy pristine views of the famous river and the “smoke that thunders”. Lunch is served ‘alfresco’ by the pool, while dinner is served in a special ‘boma’ with an authentic African meal. On July 15, we will transfer across the famous suspension bridge into Victoria Falls, Zimbabwe, in order to photograph the Falls from the other side, and to visit some souvenir/craft shops.
July 16: White River, South Africa
Transfer to the Livingstone airport (LVI) in time for your afternoon flight (not included) to Kruger International Airport (MQP) in South Africa where we will be met and transferred to the nearby Oliver’s Boutique Hotel for the night.
July 17, 18: Sabi Sands, South Africa
After a delicious breakfast, we will visit a local school & children’s home in White River in order to provide some school supplies, food staples, and plant some trees alongside these amazing children. Then we will drive (1.5 hours) through the breathtaking landscape to the world famous Sabi Sands Wildlife Reserve. Here we will enjoy day and night safari drives in open-sided vehicles providing us with the chance to photograph the full range of African wildlife. In fact, this is one of the best places in all of South Africa to see the Big 5 up close! Spend two nights at the eco-award winning Inyati Game Lodge, featuring luxurious accommodations with en-suite bathrooms, hot showers, and solar electricity.
July 19, 20: Departure Flights
Enjoy a final morning of game drives, before transferring to the nearby Ulusaba Airstrip in time for your private charter flight ( flight included) to Johannesburg Airport. Transfer through the modern airport and catch your international flight home (arriving July 20), with memories that will last a lifetime!
Note: For those wanting to continue on to Uganda or Kenya, you will be arrive in Johannesburg in time to transfer to your direct onward flights.
Included for this safari:
- All en-suite accommodations (based on double occupancy).
- Meals and Bar Beverages: Sabi Sands (B,L,D) and Botswana (B,L,D) and Victoria Falls (B,D).
- Charter flight from Ulusaba to Johannesburg
- Exclusive transport in 4×4 safari vehicles with open sides for viewing wildlife.
- Services of exceptional English-speaking guides, knowledgeable of the region and culture.
- Long-range radio communication (and access to mobile phone) for the duration of the trip.
- Complimentary bottled drinking water.
- Daily safari briefings.
- All park fees, conservation fees, entrance fees, airport transfers, and departure taxes.
- Guided safari walks, school/orphanage visits, and cultural excursions as per the itinerary.
- All gratuities for porters, waiters, and room stewards.
- Leadership in ethical, socially responsible practices.
- Complete pre-departure information including packing lists, trip itinerary, and flight details.
- International airfare to South Africa.
- International airfare from Johannesburg-Kasane and Livingstone-Kruger (to be ‘bundled’ with your international air ticket).
- Travel/medical/cancellation/interruption insurance.
- Lunches in Victoria Falls, and Dinner at Oliver’s Boutique Hotel (pay for what your order)
- Passport fees, inoculations, and PCR tests (if necessary).
- Gratuities for drivers and any optional excursions.
- Souvenirs, laundry, phone calls, and items of a personal nature.