Highlights of South Africa, Victoria Falls & Botswana
July 14-24, 2021 | US $4,990
US$ 4,990 per person sharing (international flights not included)
Guided by Dr. Ryan & Liza Snider, this 11-day socially responsible safari follows the footsteps of the famous explorer, David Livingstone, by combining an eco-award winning safari lodge in South Africa, with some boat safaris on the Chobe River, followed by a relaxing stay within metres of the famous Victoria Falls.
July 14, 15: Flight to Johannesburg, South Africa
A comfortable international flight takes you to Johannesburg, South Africa (arriving on July 15). Upon arrival, Ryan & Liza will welcome and transfer you to the nearby City Lodge Hotel for the night.
July 16, 17: Chobe River, Botswana
After breakfast and a briefing, enter the JNB airport and fly over the Kalahari Desert to Kasane, Botswana (not included). Upon arrival, our drivers will collect and drive us into the Chobe National Park where we will spend the next two nights at the Chobe Game Lodge located on the banks of the beautiful Chobe River. This park is well-known for it huge herds of elephants that come down to the river each day to drink. Enjoy river-boat and land-based wildlife safaris, bird watching excursions, tiger-fishing expeditions, and the option to visit with indigenous communities along the way.
July 18, 19: Victoria Falls, Zimbabwe
After a final morning game drive, our drivers will take us across the border (1.5 hour drive) to Victoria Falls, Zimbabwe — home of the magnificent Victoria Falls!! Spend the next two days relaxing at the beautiful Ilala Lodge, located only 100 metres from the top of the Falls. Set under the shade of acacia trees on the banks of the river, enjoy pristine views of the famous river and the “smoke that thunders”. Lunch is served ‘alfresco’ on the veranda overlooking the rolling lawns and the Zambezi River, while dinner is served in a fine à la carte restaurant offering a delightful mixture of modern sophistication and old-world style.
July 20: White River, South Africa
Transfer across the famous suspension bridge to Livingstone, Zambia for an opportuity to see Victoria Falls from the other side (where Dr. Livingstone first viewed it), and a chance to do some craft shopping. Transfer to the Livingstone airport (LVI) in time for your afternoon flight (not included) to Kruger International Airport (MQP) in South Africa where we will be met and transferred to the nearby Oliver’s Boutique Hotel for the night.
July 21, 22: Kruger National Park, South Africa
After a delicious breakfast, we will visit a local school & children’s home in White River in order to provide some school supplies, food staples, and plant some trees alongside these amazing children. Then we will drive (2 hours) through the breathtaking landscape to the world famous Kruger National Park. Here we will enjoy day and night safari drives in open-sided vehicles providing us with the chance to photograph the full range of African wildlife. In fact, this is one of the best places in all of South Africa to see the Big 5 up close! Spend two nights at the eco-award winning Camp Shawu, featuring luxurious accommodations with en-suite bathrooms, hot showers, and solar electricity.
July 23, 24: Departure Flights
Enjoy a final morning of game drives, before transferring (1 hour) to the Komatipoort Airstrip in time for your afternoon private charter flight (included) to Johannesburg Airport. Transfer through the modern airport and catch your international flight home (arriving July 24), with memories that will last a lifetime!
Included for this safari:
- All en-suite accommodations (based on double occupancy).
- Meals: South Africa (B,L,D) and Botswana (B,L,D) and Victoria Falls (B,L) as per itinerary.
- Charter flight from Komatipoort (Kruger) to Johannesburg
- Exclusive transport in 4×4 safari vehicles with open sides for viewing wildlife.
- Services of exceptional English-speaking guides, knowledgeable of the region and culture.
- Long-range radio communication (and access to mobile phone) for the duration of the trip.
- Complimentary bottled drinking water.
- Daily safari briefings.
- All park fees, conservation fees, entrance fees, airport transfers, and departure taxes.
- Guided safari walks, school/orphanage visits, and cultural excursions as per the itinerary.
- All gratuities for porters, waiters, and room stewards.
- Leadership in ethical, socially responsible practices.
- Complete pre-departure information including packing lists, trip itinerary, and flight details.
- International airfare to South Africa.
- International airfare from Johannesburg-Kasane and Victoria Falls-Kruger (to be ‘bundled’ with your international air ticket).
- Travel/medical/cancellation/interruption insurance.
- Dinners in Victoria Falls (pay for what your order in restaurants of your choice)
- Passport fees, inoculations, and Tourist Entry Visas.
- Gratuities for drivers and any optional excursions.
- Souvenirs, bar beverages, laundry, email, phone, and items of a personal nature.