Tanzania: The Highlights
January 24 - February 2, 2024 | US$ 5,670 per person sharing
Below mighty Mount Kilimanjaro, the vast Serengeti plain supports the worlds largest migration of wildebeest and zebra (supervised by lions) each year. Our safari will feature the famous Ngorongoro Crater, home to all of the Big Five, and stunning scenery. By late January and early February, one of the most amazing spectacles in the Serengeti takes place with the wildebeest calving season. An estimated 8,000 young wildebeest are born every single day during the peak. This safari will feature the natural beauty, culture and people of Africa, like you have never seen them before.
January 24, 25: Flight to Arusha, Tanzania
Your international flight takes you to Kilimanjaro (JRO) arriving Jan 25. Upon arrival Randy and Marjorie will greet you with champagne and cold face towels, before driving you to the beautiful Arusha Serena Hotel.
January 26, 27: Ngorongoro Crater
After breakfast by the pool, we will drive to the Ngorongoro Crater, the world’s largest inactive, intact and unfilled volcanic caldera, home to an incredible concentration of wildlife and bird species. We’ll be staying at the award winning Ngorongoro Serena Hotel, literally on the lip of the crater. You won’t forget the view from your room! Our game drives down into the crater will include all the “big five.” Sunset dinners overlooking the crater will be the perfect end to each day. The crater offers a contained ecosystem with thousands of wildebeest, zebras, elands, gazelles and elephants as well as 8 prides of lions all in the space of 20 square kms. Our early morning game drives will offer perfect camera lighting as the wildlife wake up to another day of survival in their self-contained paradise.
Jan. 28, 29: Southern Serengeti National Park
After breakfast we’ll drive into the Serengeti National Park to view the world’s largest migration of grazing herds. We’ll see the wildebeest calving spectacle and enjoy the beauty of this vast grassland. Our home for two nights will be the Ndutu Safari Lodge, overlooking Lake Ndutu. An optional sunrise balloon ride will take us over thousands of flamingos, zebras and wildebeests concluding with a champagne breakfast on the grasslands!
Jan. 30, 31: Central Serengeti National Park
We’ll be taking an extended game drive this morning as we ride north and transfer over to award winning KubuKubu Lodge for more amazing wildlife viewing. Here we will have the option of a balloon safari, guided nature walks and bush dining experiences. There is no better time to be in the Serengeti.
Feb. 1, 2: Flight back to Arusha (or Zanzibar).
After breakfast and a final morning game drive, we will fly (flight included) over the Great Rift Valley back to Arusha in time for your return flight home (arriving home on Feb. 2) ….. or (optional) fly to Zanzibar for an optional extension to the white sand beaches of Zanzibar, with photographs and memories of an adventure of a lifetime!
Feb. 1, 2, 3: Zanzibar Extension (US$ 1,315)
Optional Extension: After a morning game drive and breakfast, we will fly (flight included) from the Serengeti to Zanzibar and spend 3 nights at the beautiful, all inclusive Sea Cliff Resort and Spa on the beach. Optional sightseeing includes the old slave market and Stone Town with lots of history, the spice market, Prison Island with giant tortoises, and the very unique Rock Restaurant. On Feb. 4, we will enjoy a final breakfast on the veranda overlooking the Indian Ocean before shuttling back to the Zanzibar (ZNZ) airport in time for your international flight back home (arriving Feb. 5). This will be an amazing end to your dream Serengeti Safari!
Included for this safari:
- En-suite accommodations (based on double occupancy) and all meals as per the itinerary.
- Exclusive transport in 4×4 Landcruisers with ‘pop-up’ roof and guaranteed window seat.
- Services of exceptional English-speaking guides, knowledgeable of local region and culture.
- Long-range radio communication (and access to mobile phone) for the duration of the trip.
- Complimentary bottled drinking water.
- Daily safari briefings.
- All park entry fees, conservation fees, airport transfers, and departure taxes.
- Guided safari walks, school/orphanage visits, and cultural excursions as per the itinerary.
- Leadership in ethical, socially responsible practices.
- A domestic chartered flight as mentioned in the itinerary.
- Complete pre-departure information including packing lists, trip itinerary, and flight details.
- International airfare.
- Travel/medical/cancellation/interruption insurance.
- Single Supplement (if you would like your own room).
- Passport fees, inoculations, PCR tests (if necessary), and Tourist Entry Visa.
- Soft drinks, and Bar beverages.
- Gratuities for drivers, waiters, and room stewards.
- Any optional excursions not mentioned in the itinerary.
- Souvenirs, laundry, phone calls, and items of a personal nature.