Kenya: The Classic Safari
August 12-22, 2021 | US $5,190
US$ 5,190 per person sharing (international airfare not included)
From the snows of Mount Kenya, to the lakes of the Great Rift Valley, to the open savannahs of the Maasai Mara – this is Kenya, the wildlife capital of the world! Known as one of the premier places on earth to photograph wildlife, this classic safari explores the highlights of this incredible country during the world famous wildebeest migration!
August 12, 13: Flight to Nairobi, Kenya
Your international flight takes you to Nairobi, Kenya (arriving Aug. 13th). Upon arrival, Ryan and Liza will welcome you with champagne and cold face towels, before driving you to the nearby Eka Hotel.
August 14, 15: Ol Pejeta and Mount Kenya
After breakfast by the pool, embark on a dramatic drive through coffee and pineapple plantations to Ol Pejeta Conservancy, located on the foothills of beautiful Mount Kenya. Kenya’s tallest mountain is a stunning backdrop to the elephant, giraffe, zebra, buffalo and rhinos that roam in the conservancy. After spending the day photographing the After spending the day photographing the black and white rhino that roam this region, visit the Chimpanzee Sanctuary to learn about how these primates are being taken care of, before returning to the eco-award winning Jambo Mutara Tented Camp for dinner and two nights.
August 16, 17: Lake Naivasha
Drive across the equator before descending the beautiful Great Rift Valley on your way to shimmering Lake Naivasha for lunch, and the next two nights at the eco-award winning Chui Lodge. Enjoy a boat cruise amongst the hippos, photograph the African Fish Eagle, take a walking safari in search of giraffe, followed by a night game drive in search of those elusive leopards! Spend some time with the children of the Strong Tower Orphanage, distributing much-needed school supplies, planting tree seedlings to off-set your carbon footprint, and helping the children practice their English.
August 18, 19, 20: Maasai Mara Nat’l Reserve
Drive through the Great Rift Valley to the world famous Maasai Mara National Reserve where you will enjoy exciting game drives providing you with the chance to photograph the full range of African wildlife (eg. lions, leopards, elephant, cheetah, giraffe, buffalo, hippos, etc). Spend three nights at the beautifully appointed Kichwa Tembo Tented Camp in superior tents with en-suite bathrooms, hot showers, and locally-grown organic food. This is an ideal location to witness the wildebeest masses as they migrate to the various river crossing points.
August 22, 22: Nairobi Departure Flight
After one last wildlife drive, board your charter flight (included) back to your Nairobi day room at the Eka Hotel near the international airport for a chance to swim, shower, and share a final dinner together. Transfer to the airport for your flight home (arriving on August 21st), with memories of a unique adventure that will last a lifetime!
Included for this safari:
- En-suite accommodations (based on double occupancy) and all meals as per the itinerary.
- Soft drinks, Bottled water and Bar beverages at all 3 safari camps.
- Exclusive transport in 4×4 Landcruisers with ‘pop-up’ roof and guaranteed window seat.
- Services of exceptional English-speaking guides, knowledgeable of local region and culture.
- Long-range radio communication (and access to mobile phone) for the duration of the trip.
- Complimentary bottled drinking water.
- Daily safari briefings.
- All park entry fees, conservation fees, airport transfers, and departure taxes.
- Guided safari walks, school/orphanage visits, and cultural excursions as per the itinerary.
- All gratuities for porters, waiters, and room stewards.
- Leadership in ethical, socially responsible practices.
- A domestic chartered flight (Aug. 21st) as mentioned in the itinerary.
- A day room on August 21.
- Complete pre-departure information including packing lists, trip itinerary, and flight details.
- International airfare.
- Travel/medical/cancellation/interruption insurance.
- Single Supplement (if you would like your own room).
- Passport fees, inoculations, and Tourist Entry Visa.
- Gratuities for drivers and any optional excursions.
- Souvenirs, laundry, email, phone, and items of a personal nature.