South Africa, Vic Falls & Botswana 2017
Following the Footsteps of David Livingstone
July 8 - 18, 2017
US$ 4,790 per person sharing (international flights not included)
Guided by Dr. Ryan Snider, this 11-day socially responsible safari follows the footsteps of the famous explorer, David Livingstone, by combining an eco-award winning safari lodge in South Africa, with a relaxing stay on the banks of Zambia's awe-inspiring Victoria Falls, followed by a luxurious boat cruise down Botswana's Chobe River.
July 8, 9: Flight to Johannesburg, South Africa
A comfortable international flight takes you to Johannesburg, South Africa (arriving on July 9). Upon arrival, Ryan will welcome and transfer you to the nearby City Lodge Hotel for the night.
July 10, 11: Sabi Sands Wildlife Reserve, South Africa
After a delicious breakfast, drive through the breathtaking landscape to the Sabi Sands Wildlife Reserve bordering Kruger National Park. Here you will enjoy day and night safari drives providing you with the chance to photograph the full range of African wildlife. Spend two nights at the eco-award winning Simbambili Lodge featuring luxurious accommodations with en-suite bathrooms, hot showers, and solar electricity.
July 12, 13: Victoria Falls, Zambia
Wake up early and drive to the nearby Kruger Airport for your international flight (not included) to Livingstone, Zambia -- home of the magnificent Victoria Falls!! Spend the next two days relaxing at the historic Avani Victoria Falls Resort only a few steps from the top of the Falls. Set under the shade of acacia trees on the banks of the river, enjoy pristine views of the famous river and the "smoke that thunders".
Dinner is served outside, offering a delightful mixture of modern sophistication and old-world style, while lunch is served ‘alfresco’ on the veranda overlooking the rolling lawns and the Zambezi River.
July 14, 15, 16: The Zambezi Queen Riverboat, Botswana
Drive to Kasane, Botswana where you will clear customs and board the 45 metre Zambezi Queen riverboat. Spend the next three nights floating on the Chobe River through some of Africa's most dense wildlife populations. While cruising down the river, enjoy water and land-based wildlife viewing, bird watching excursions, tiger-fishing, and the option to visit indigenous communities along the way.
July 17, 18: Departure Flights
After one last cruise on the river, transfer back to the Kasane Airport for your international flight to Johannesburg (not included). Spend some time shopping for souvenirs before catching your flight home (arriving July 18), with memories that will last a lifetime!
Included for this safari:
- All en-suite accommodations (based on double occupancy) and all meals as specified in the itinerary.
- Exclusive transport in 4x4 safari vehicles with open sides for viewing wildlife.
- Services of an excellent English-speaking guide who is knowledgeable of the local region and culture.
- Long-range radio communication (and access to mobile phone) for the duration of the trip.
- Complimentary bottled drinking water.
- All park entry fees, conservation fees, entrance fees, airport transfers, and departure taxes.
- All gratuities for porters, waiters, and room stewards.
- Complete pre-departure information including packing lists, customized trip itinerary, and flight details.
- International airfare.
- Travel/medical/cancellation/interruption insurance.
- Single Supplement (if you would like your own room).
- Passport fees, inoculations, and Tourist Entry Visas.
- Gratuities for drivers and any optional excursions.
- Souvenirs, bar beverages, laundry, email, phone, and items of a personal nature.